Published October 10, 2022

Game and Fish – Use RAP 

Written by
The Dakotan
| The Dakotan

Report Violations with RAP 

The North Dakota Game and Fish Department encourages hunters, anglers and landowners who witness a fish or wildlife violation to file a report with the Report All Poachers program. 

Witnesses should report a violation by calling RAP at 701-328-9921. 

Witnesses should note the vehicle description, including make, color, license plate number and state issued. Description of the violator should also be considered. 

The RAP line offers rewards – from $100 to $1,000 depending on the nature and seriousness of the crime – for information leading to the conviction of fish and wildlife law violators. Reports can also go directly to game wardens or other law enforcement agencies. Callers can remain anonymous. 

Permit Required to Possess Dead Deer 

North Dakota Game and Fish Department enforcement personnel issue a reminder that a permit is required before taking possession of a dead deer found near a road or in a field. Only shed antlers can be possessed without a permit. 

Permits to possess are free and available from game wardens and local law enforcement offices. 

In addition, hunters are reminded to properly dispose of dead deer. Carcass waste cannot be left on public property, including roadways, ditches or wildlife management areas.   

Stay connected to the latest news
Subscription Form (#3)

About the Author

Trending Now
The Dakotan Newsletter
Subscribe to get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox
Newsletter Form (#4)
© AndMuse, LLC 2024 Login Email
LIVE: 2022 Minot Mayoral Forum
Click to Watch Live
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram