fbpx
Published February 1, 2024

Fire Displaces Minot Homeowner

Written by
The Dakotan
| The Dakotan

City of Minot release


A home in southwest Minot suffered major damage from a fire on Wednesday
evening.
Firefighters were dispatched to 1302 6th St. SW at 9:44 p.m. after the
homeowner called to report that the stove was on fire and the fire was
spreading rapidly.
As crews arrived on scene, they saw flames venting from the front door and
front kitchen window. Firefighters immediately began extinguishing the fire at
these openings, then made entry into the home to extinguish the remaining
fire in the kitchen and living room.
The fire caused major damage to the main floor of the home.
No injuries were reported during the incident. The homeowner’s pet cat
survived the fire without injury after being trapped in the home during the
fire.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, most cooking fires in
the home involve the kitchen stove. Keep anything that can catch on fire –
oven mitts, wooden utensils, food packaging, towels, etc – away from your
stovetop. Cooking fires are the leading cause of home fires, so always cook
with caution.

Stay connected to the latest news
Subscription Form (#3)

About the Author

Trending Now
The Dakotan Newsletter
Subscribe to get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox
© AndMuse, LLC 2024 Login Email
LIVE: 2022 Minot Mayoral Forum
Click to Watch Live
cross
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram