fbpx
Merry Christmas from The Dakotan!

Candle Responsible for House Fire

The Dakotan
 November 22, 2021
 •

Firefighters save all four pets and the home

The Minot Fire Department says an unattended candle is responsible for a house fire in southwest Minot.

Firefighters responded to a reported house fire at 315 16th ST SW Monday morning. Upon arrival, crews found smoke coming from the basement of the home. Within minutes the Minot Fire Department was able to access the single room quickly to control the blaze.

Homeowners reported three cats and one dog were missing while firefighters were on the scene. They found all four house pets and residents unharmed.

Minot Fire Department determined an unattended candle was the source of the fire and says in the U.S. 36% of all candle fires are due to leaving it unattended.

Three engines and one command vehicle were dispatched to the home. The first engine was on scene within three minutes of the call.

About the Author

Trending Now
The Front Page
Subscribe to get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox
© The Dakotan 2023 Login Email
LIVE: 2022 Minot Mayoral Forum
Click to Watch Live
cross
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram