MINOT — Zach Raknerud announced his candidacy to become a member of the Minot City Council.
Raknerud has lived in Minot since 2016. He grew up in Northwood, North Dakota. In 2016, he graduated from the University of North Dakota with a bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications. He lives in Minot with his wife and their foster children. He works as a sales manager in Minot area businesses.
“When my employer assigned me to a position in Minot after graduating college in 2016, I didn’t know much about the community,” Raknerud said. “Over the last six years, I discovered a beautifully unique city with a charm that sets it apart. I’ve enjoyed watching the city develop and I am eager to dedicate my time to helping us continue to make Minot a great community to call home.”
Raknerud says his priorities as a member of the City Council would be:
- Support the completion of crucial investments such as the Northwest Area Water
Supply (NAWS) and flood projects.
- Advocate for responsible use of tax increment financing when pursuing
- Explore and begin reconnecting dead water loops to the river.
- Advocate for Minot to area legislators and the legislature at-large.
- Be an open and engaged member of the council, willing to change his mind when
presented with feedback.